Edges and Intersections Launch Party
GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! GO TO: EdgesIntersections.eventrite.com
Tech Wildcatters will be hosting an art show in celebration of Edges and Intersections on January 11th, 2014. The event will serve as a networking platform and exhibition showcase for both local area Artists and Technological Start-ups that together, are shaping the canvas in which the future of creative and collaborative design will be painted.
**The primary focus of Edges and Intersections is to bridge the gap between Artist and Technologist- encouraging growth and collaboration of the two, while embracing the codependency each has for the other.**
EVENT- TIME & LOCATION:
- 7:00pm – midnight
- $10.00 dollars at the door or...
- $5.00 dollars "Skip The Line" online at Eventbrite
- showcasing 15 -20 local artists and rising Tech Start-ups.
- 3 floors, 2 bars, food trucks, live music, live art
- All artwork will be displayed in gallery format, priced for sale.
- Sculptors, Painters, Sketch Artists, Projectionists… a plethora of creative individuals
- 20 percent of all artwork sold will directly benefit nonprofit organizations
SUBMITTING YOUR ART:
- Deadline for submissions is December 31st, 2013 by midnight. **(This deadline has been changed! Submissions have now been extended to January 4th by 7:00pm)**
- There is no limit to the number of submissions of artwork, however all submissions may not be selected for entry of the event.
- There is no theme to the artwork or preference in medium. Large pieces are encouraged!
- Origional works of art only. Please no prints (other than photography of course...)
- Delivery of artwork to the event site must be made beginning January 4th at noon and no later than January 8th, 2014 by 7:00pm
- Artists are encouraged to bring any promotional materials pertaining to their artwork (also to be delivered no later than January 4th, 2014.)
- Artist will retain 65 percent of the selling price. ThirstyCanvas organizes philanthropic art events. 35 percent of purchases will be donated to a nonprofit and also used for funding future events.
- Artist must be able to be present for the entirety the event for consideration.
- Each Artist participating is allowed to bring one guest.
- ThirstyCanvas will supply merchant services (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover) and will deliver Artist commissions within 5 working days of the event, made payable by check to the Artist.
Please go here for further instructions on submission for this event.
****If you would like to become a Contributing Artist and have your portfolio on ThirstyCanas.org,
- Log on to ThirstyCanvas.org/join
- make sure you include your Artist Bio/ Statement ottom field on the form online.
- Submit the images you wish to include in your online portfolio in a seperate email to SUBMIT@THIRSTYCANVAS.ORG with YOUR NAME- CONTRIBUTING ARTIST in the subject line.
- A ThirstyCanvas will then contact you once your page is completed or if any further instuction is needed.